Wyoming Board of Hearing Aid Specialists

Questions and Answers

Below are questions and answers to those questions that are frequently asked of the Board office:

Q. What is the fastest way to get an answer from Board staff?

A. E-mail is the quickest form of communication with the Board staff. For general questions or licensing questions, please e-mail emily.mcilvaine@wyo.gov.

Q. Can I pay over the phone for anything?

A. We do not have the ability to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or in the board office.

The Wyoming Board of Hearing Aid Specialists is staffed through the Professional Licensing Boards Office, a division of A&I.

Q. I live in Cheyenne; can I bring in my application, documents or payment?

A. Of course! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you need to talk to Board staff, please call ahead to make sure we will be in the office when you arrive. If you are paying cash, please be sure you have the exact amount, as we cannot make change.

Q. Who do I make my check, cashier’s check or money order out to?

A. The State of Wyoming or the Wyoming Board of Hearing Aid Specialists.

Q. Where do I mail my application or request forms?

A. The address to our office can be found on the contact us page. It also is on top of every application and form.

Q. I moved. How can I change my address with the Board?

A. All address changes must be received in writing. You can email your new address to emily.mcilavaine@wyo.gov.

Q. What is considered proof of legal presence?

A. Most commonly, proof of legal presence is a copy of your passport Other documents can be provided in lieu of the passport. See the Proof of Lawful Presence Instructions for more information. Hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted.

Q. I got married or divorced recently and changed my last name. What do I need to do with the Board office?

A. We have a name change request form on the forms page of the website. We also can accept a written request. You will need to include the legal document that allowed for the name change. Accepted documentation for a name change includes, but is not limited to, a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree.

Q. How can I get a new wall certificate and/or pocket cards with my new name?

A. There is no fee for replacement documents but they must be requested in writing. You can use this form and include your request with your name change request form.

Q. I changed my name a while ago but my proof of legal presence still shows my previous name. Can I still apply using my proof of legal presence?

A. Yes! You will need to include a copy of the legal document that allowed for your name change (a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree) with your application.

Q. What do I need to submit for my application to be complete?

A. Almost every application packet we have available includes either an instruction page or a check list. Please visit the forms page and choose the application you are interested in for more information.

Q. I want to apply in another state and they told me I need a letter with my license information, how do I get that?

A. You need a license verification. There is no fee for this service. We have a verification request form available. You also can send a written request with your name, type of license, current address and the address you want the verification sent.

Q. I need lists of all the Hearing Aid Specialists that are licensed in Wyoming. What do I do?

A. This information is available online at Roster and Mailing List .